Friday, January 20, 2012

Fail Fridays

Erinn Fail

I’m a teacher, and somewhere along the way I picked up the habit of walking around the room.  But not while the students are doing their work to help.  No, I walk around when I’m giving directions.  Kids twists their heads and spin their bodies in the their chairs like how ducks follow bits of bread being thrown into a lake.  


Sometimes I have a piece of paper in front of my face, because you know, that’s what I’m reading from.  

No big deal.

Really it was only a matter of time before I walked into a wall.


And I did.


I gave perfect directions.... to a wall.


My students... not so much.  


In my many fails, this one wasn’t too bad,   And I’m not even going to crack a joke like talking to a wall is more responsive than my students.  Because that’s not true at all.  My students are amazing.  In fact when I turned on my heels and continued to give them directions.  They all collectively smiled at me, we shared a fun little giggle and moved on.  


Last time I checked, walls don’t giggle and enjoy a joke.  

Kids are awesome, walls not so much. :-) 


<-- my class without kids.















The wall that got perfect instructions. And in case you were wondering, there's a framed picture of Stitch reading and two pictures of Phineas and Ferb (drawn by my students) and Comic Book Guy saying, Best. Teacher. Ever.   And some pictures of Zoey.

1 comment: