Monday, September 12, 2011

There I've said it...

I started a new school year, which means two things.
1) I've got a lot of names I need to learn
2) There's lots of changes.

You know what? I don't care.

I'm super excited about this year.

I used Phineas and Ferb to teach 5 different types of questioning.

My students are awesome.  My school is amazing.  Yeppers work is good.

I told my students that I finished my 5th book this weekend.  One kid raised his hand and asked, "if you get  published and make a million dollars will you quit?"

I laughed.

I laughed loud.

Really loud.

My answer was, "no because I like things, like my roof, electricity and food."

At the end of the day, I love my job.  I love my students (but not in a creepy way). 

Happy school year everyone.

Here's a picture of my kid just before her first dance class.  The lady behind her is not me.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on a new school year! It's important to love what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous that you love your work! And that you're off to a good start, too. Congrats on finishing your 5th book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very envious about how much you love your job. You and I both know the thought process in regards to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Alicia, I am envious of how much you love your job, too. Especially since I work in the same field and don't feel nearly as much joy :D And learning new names is such a pain...but luckily I'm pretty good at that :D LOL, I got asked that question from one of my students when I told them I write books--my answer was very similar to yours. AND, I'm using The Simpsons to teach Sociology this year, so that's cool!

    BTW--your kid is freaking adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay i loved Phineas and Ferb

    ReplyDelete