REPOST FROM LAST WEEK BECAUSE BLOGGER WAS BEING A BRAT!
So my good friends over at the Paper Hangover are doing a weekly segment called, Five for Fridays, and this week it's the Top Five Item you need to revise.
1) A reality check- Make sure you haven't looked at your work for at least a month-- the longer the better. Remember you're not perfect and you will probably need more than one revision before you're ready to query.
2) Time away from the internet- Gosh the internet is SO SHINY. Between cyberstalking agents on twitter or youtube or catching up on blogs, it's easy to get lost in the net, and let's face it, it's a lot more fun the revising.
3) Paper- Print out your manuscript--- write all over it. Scratch it out, slice out whole chapters, the more marks the better. Seeing it out on paper really does help. Honest.
4) An extra Word document- Make the changes, listen to your beta's BUT if you cut anything, copy it to a different work document. Who knows you might need it later.
5) A great playlist- Get music that helps you relate to your characters, your setting and most importantly get's you ready to dive. Get Pumped.
Good news if you still love it after your revisions.. then chances are so will someone else.