Monday, December 13, 2010

It happened again

Once again I'm sitting down at my computer, avoiding cleaning, editing and grading.

Nothing.

I've got NOTHING.  NOT A THING.

What to post, what to post.  Yep, right now I'm breaking every rule for maintaining an interesting blog.
A good blog should remember its audience, keep to interesting and informative topics, try not to show YouTube clips because those get blocked on firewalls and makes the whole blog reading experience longer.

Here's a YouTube clip. 
Before you watch it or don't watch it, whatever, no pressure, you should understand WHY I'm posting this.

I LOVE SMART PEOPLE DOING SMART THINGS.

So this is a music video for the movie Tangled.  The whole thing is done with one continuous shot, a film making style I personally love.  What I dig most about this clip is it's all the workers, the animators, the writers, none of the famous people in the movie.

Look at how much fun they're having.  

Also look at how many women are working there.  For a long time I wanted, I dreamed at working at Disney. Who didn't?   But somewhere along the way I gave up on that dreaming, thinking it would be too hard or impossible.  Disney was always such a boys club.  But this clip makes me happy for SO many reasons.
I hope you enjoy:




In other news, The Blogger's Getaways is picking up steam!  We have 15 girls interested.  If you signed up then hopefully you got your interest survey.   Please fill it out,  I"m privy to all sorts of information and it looks like it's going to be an AMAZING time.    The sooner you fill it out, the sooner we can get working on it.

4 comments:

  1. so cool! We're taking the kids to see it at some point over the holiday. can't wait.
    Our neighbor lent us how to train your dragon. SO GOOD. We've watched it three times already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for the bloggers getaway!!!! hehe That is all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that was a ton of fun for the people behind the scenes to do. It looks like they were having fun.

    ReplyDelete