Friday, July 20, 2012

WEENEND OF AWESOME 2.0

So I went traveling the last two weeks,  first to South Carolina for a lovely visit with my parents.  Then we did a family cruise for five days.  (Parents out there- cruising is the way to go.  My daughter loved the kids camp and I got plenty of time to read and write)

But the event that was most relevant to this blog was WEEKEND OF AWESOME 2.0 (insert dramatic music).

I'm sure if you've been reading the blogs you've heard it from a few people. 
This year it took place in Charlotte NC, a place that doesn't believe in road signs.

We stayed at cabin on Lake Norman.  There were eight of us, three from Florida, three from Virgina, one for New York and I was traveling from South Carolina.  Amazingly we all arrived within an hour of each other.

Friday we hung around, went food shopping and grossed over estimated how much food 8 women could eat.  After the lulls of awkward silence, which most came from me over sharing, by the end of the night, we were all pretty cool with one another. Which in itself is amazing considering most of us didn't know each other at all.

Saturday and Sunday we had word wars, talked craft and the industry and had gigglefests. I wrote over 5k in my new novel and revised 31 pages.  Of course the fact that we didn't have internet for two and half days helped with productivity.


I am snagging Holly's pictures and posting them on my blog, but I take ZERO credit for them, but I will take any money you're willing to offer me. :-)

Holly and I- the only two brave enough to go trespassing on near by property to go check out a weird indescribable structure- this was our victory picture.  We went in like ninjas. Ninjas wearing jeans.

Our view from the dock-- There were two VERY noisy ducks, but they were camera shy. You'll just have to take my word on it.

A peaceful morning before the party started.

The party was here, the WOA girls were NOT invited.  It could have ended badly, but thankfully our neighbors have the GREATEST Pandora stations EVER! 






So the whole event was awesome.  Next year we're going hang out in a blue castle with princesses and talking animals.  Because that's how the WOA girls like it.


5 comments:

  1. The ducks! They were very talkative. And I love that picture of all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your recap! You are hilarious. So glad we're IRL friends now and I can't wait until next WOA! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The silences weren't awkward! ;-) What do you expect when you put eight writers in a room together? So fun hanging out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of my favorite people in one place! Awesome picture, sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the pics! So sad I missed it. Can't wait until NEXT YEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete