Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Road Trip Wednesday- Best Book of September


Road Trip Wednesday
What's the best book you read in September:
Yeah sorry for the long post but yeah I read a lot of books this month.


Gone- See my review for a complete rant and rave. 10 out or 10


I am the Messenger --- cool book, very different from the Book Thief.  It's interesting because if you liked the Book Thief you may NOT like The Messenger. I have to say I TOTALLY did NOT see the ending coming. 8 out of 10



If I Stay- it was beautiful heartbreaking completely uplifting as well. 9 out of 10


The Duff-  Totally wonderful, totally entertaining. 8 out of 10

So Yesterday- The origin of cool and what happens when the pyramid of cool has a terrorist in it.  8.5 out of 10  Lots of VERY VERY COOL History bits. 


Leviathan- World War 1 with Steampunk tech and a flying whale as a weapon...throw in a prince and a cross dressing girl and BAM you have one AWESOME book.  9.5 out of 10


White Cat- Ok it took me 200 pages to figure out this book was taken place in my home town.  Seriously.  I spent 200 pages thinking it was happening in England.  So yeah. Um. yeah.  That being said, there were some mistakes with the setting that threw me off obviously.  But the characters were interesting and I dreamed about the plot... although my dream totally predicted the ending of the book.   Its the first of a series and I"m not sure if I"m going to read the rest of it.  6.5


Candor- Awesome premise-- a town controlled by messages and the one kid trying to stop it...  I got about 100 pages into it, predicted the ending, read the last three chapters and knew I was right.  I won't review it because I don't review books I didn't technically read all the way through.



But BY FAR the hands down winner was Little Brother. 

Have you read this book yet?  It's about a kid who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and is picked by Home Land Security minutes after a terrorist attack.  HLS assumes he's a terrorist because he refuses to unlock his techy phone.  The theme of the book is privacy verses safety.  It's really interesting.  It's a tough read.  It's SUPER techy. And sometime the back story of the tech slows down the plot.  But it was the first book I've read in a LONG time that I needed to take a break from, but then I had to pick it up and keep reading.  It's geeky and important and wonderful.

You can buy it on amazon or you can download it the author's website for FREE!!!!

Go forth and read this book.  10 out of 10.

13 comments:

  1. wow - you had such a cool month of reading! I havent read some of the titles here - like Gone (which I really have been meaning to do) and I havent even heard of your favourite pick! So, yeah, off to investigate!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of books there. Wow. My brain can't process it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many books!! I really want to read WHITE CAT - and I also read CANDOR this month! It's so hot right now. Also, IF I STAY left me a crazy, adoring, sobbing mess. Sigh.

    Way to rock it in September lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay- how can you pull out like 7 books I've never heard of!! I was just feeling like I was accomplishing something with my TBR pile.
    Back to high stacking it, because these look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep picking Gone up and putting it down...going to buy it now. Yep, my TBR list is getting longer and longer today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah! So many books for me to peruse -- thanks for sharing. And how cool that Little Brother is FREE! I will go forth and nab it ASAP.

    Thanks for the great RTW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great list. Lots to choose from. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little Brother sounds very interesting. I'll have to check it out. I loved Leviathan too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my goodness you have been busy! I love the cover of "If I stay"

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've had an awesome reading month. Little Brother sounds fascinating, I'm going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you read some amazing books. I loved Leviathian and was lucky enough to go to a signing, Scott Westerfeld did a brilliant presentation!

    I'll definitely look out for Little Brother

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You had a busy reading month! I adore If I Stay... so looking forward to Where She Went. White Cat and Gone are on my To-Read list, so it's great to see your opinion of them. And I think I'll add Little Brother as well. Sounds strange and very cool. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete