Thursday, May 27, 2010

Laser Cats and Writer's fears.

I was going to do a post where I took a picture of my "what the hell?" face and do a whole rant pondering the question if that face was around back in the 1600's. Then I looked at the picture my webcam had taken and I wanted to kill small puppies.

Needless to say it was not at all flattering and it was too late at night to put on make up for a blog. That's the best part about the internet, you never have to look your best, or good or remotely human.

But it did get me to thinking, in my head I looked awesome, until I saw the photographic evidence. Then reality sucker punched me in the face.

So often I believe one thing and the total opposite is true. In my head, the novels I write are awesome. Perfect? No. But pretty damn close (or it will be in the next draft) but what if, they are really Laser Cats.

Yep that was a weird thing to say. Let me back up. There's a digital short on SNL called Laser Cats. Basically it's Andy Sandburg trying to pitch a skit to Loren Michaels about cats that shoot lasers out of their butts.




Yep. But here's the thing, they keep pitching it. This is Laser Cats 5.



So what if I'm really writing not a book about a band who one day makes it big, but Laser Cats the musical?

Dear writers/readers what crazy insecure fears keep you up at night?

You know besides that your cat will shoot lasers out of his butt.

2 comments: