Monday, July 30, 2012

Warped Tour 2012- Living up to expectations




Living up to expectations

Warped tour had so many bands I loved bands I've blogged about.  I saw We Are The In Crowd first.  And I've got to say I love it when a band sounds like their cd but the best is when they sound like the recording and they add to it making the live experience familiar and new.  We are the in Crowd rocked it.


Then it was off to see Mayday Parade
 That band made it out to more writing mixes then another band.  
After we moved from stoner boys failed love connection there show was amazing.  The perfect blend of energy and connection with the audience.  


We bounce around from.  Three stages all day seeing bands if various degrees of fame...  But all equally skilled.  New found glory put it best wrapped tour mixes up their line up every day because it's not about ego but people who love a day live for music. How beautiful.
 
Yellow card wanted the crowd to make the mistake of the day and crowd surf to the stage.  As the day went on, the crowds got bigger and as you can see, I couldn't get a good shot of the band.  In fact, I couldn't see the band, just some guys with tattoos.

Bayside was mellow..  Because that's who Bayside are.  Emo rock and mosh pit but "guys let's keep it safe out there." 


But then it was time for All Time Low--- anyone who knows me, knows the story about how I yelled at a girl in a wheel chair at an All Time Low concert- (don't feel bad for her, she could walk the whole time)  
I've been a fan for a VERY long time. I've watched them grow from playing small venues to now main stage at warped tour.  

 
 Although I have to say, I didn't stay for the whole set.  Maybe it was because the entire day I was so close to the bands, maybe because I felt like they had matured more then stealing Blink 182 dick jokes, maybe because if I wanted to watch them on a screen I would watch their DVD (which I own).  
 


But at the end of a perfect day, they just didn't live up to my expectations. 
I still heart them, I'll still buy their new CD. (they played their new song and it sounded great) 

What about you?  Ever been let down my the main event before?  

Next post: Discovering something NEW.. and becoming a super fan girl over it.
 

2 comments: