Monday, January 02, 2012

Happy Monday- Fresh Starts

Every Monday for the year of 2012 I will be posting HAPPY MONDAY. 
Happy Monday has been Afro Duck approved!


Happy Monday
Week 1
Theme: General Awesomeness
Topic: Fresh Starts

What I love about a new year is the shininess of it.  It hasn't been tainted with scandal and snark.  For one moment in time everyone is optimistic.   This could be the year I get an agent.  This could be the year my friends see their names in Barnes and Noble.  This could be the year my daughter is fully potty trained at night.

Like opening the front cover of a book (or clicking on the cover if you have an e-reader), the  start of the new year is full of possibilities.

There's comfort in the familiar and excitement with the unknown.   Goals will be achieved and others will be forgotten because let's face it they were never based in reality to begin with.  But hey, right now, in this moment, none of that matters.  Reality is too busy eating a heaping slice of hope with a side of delusional cheer to be bothered right now.

2012 is going to be amazing.

What are you most excited about this year?




BTW- Clearly I'm back.  I took a few weeks.. um months, away from blogging.  But now I have a slightly interesting new idea and a shiny new schedule.

I will be blogging three days a week, with a rotating schedule.

Week 1:
Happy Mondays
Writer Wednesday 
Fail Fridays

Week 2
Happy Monday
Book Review Tuesdays
Whatever interesting idea that pops in my head Thursdays (although the title may get shortened)

 Any thoughts on the new blog layout?  Is it too loud?  To 15 year old girl?

7 comments:

  1. Great start to a new year! Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new layout. It's not loud at all. Hope you have a great 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new layout! Not too 15 year old girl. And I love the idea of the schedule. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new layout! And welcome back to the blogging world--we sure have missed you. :) And I'm uber excited about this year. I feel good things will happen for me AND my writer friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back to blogging and I love the new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back and happy 2012! I'm digging the new layout - love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. New layout rocks. I need this on Mondays when started a new week of work. Awesome!

    Can't wait to "hear" more from you now that you're back. We missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete