Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Stupid Toy Tuesday-always look at the puzzle before you give it away.

Hubby loves puzzles and every here his mom gives him one.  This Christmas I watched the exchange go down.
He unwrapped it, saw it was a puzzle, said thank you and threw it to the side.
His Mom said, "I liked the colors and thought you would too."

Weeks pass and the Christmas decorations have been stored away the attic.  I found the puzzle in the office.  The first thing I noticed was the creepy sun.  Then I looked at the rest.  "OMG those gnomes are harvesting pot."



I walked down to Hubby and said, "Why do you have a puzzle about gnomes harvesting pot?"

Hubby says he has no idea what I'm talking about.

A few hours later he says, "Erinn, those gnomes are harvesting pot?  Why would my mom buy me a puzzle like that?"

We cracked the mystery--- she didn't look at the picture and neither did my husband.

Good news is thanks to the safety messages on the side, my daughter is allowed to put together the puzzle,  since it's not safe for 0-3 year olds and my daughter is 3 and two weeks old. 

10 comments:

  1. That's too funny. What did his mom say when you told her...and what kind of shop did she buy that puzzle in???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. I enlarged the image. It's not like they're just "kind of" harvesting pot: they are ACTIVELY growing and harvesting pot. That is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL that's friggin' hilarious! David the Gnome would have been a far different show if his job had been Pot Harvester...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That's some real trippy stuff there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's hilarious!

    (Psst. I have an award for you on my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny!

    demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best part? The rasta-looking gnome studiously scrutinizing a clipboard...on which he's carefully written "420."

    ReplyDelete