The Meme: Borrowed from Kate Hart
The Rules: Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen authors (poets included) who have always influenced you and will always stick with you. List the first 15 you can recall in no more than 15 minutes, and they don’t have to be listed in order of relevance to you.
1) John Green- everytime I read one of his books I think, "This is what I want to do. This is how a great book is written"
2) Douglas Adams- He gave me the meaning of life and was the first author that made me crack up. I carried Restuarnt at the End of the Universe with me all through out college.
3) Shel Sliverstein- The Missing Peice meets the Big O is one of the most influenant books of my life.
4) JK Rowling- I remember where I was reading each of the Harry Potter books as much as the events in the books.
5) Scott Westerfeild- Is there anything this guy CAN'T write.
6) Brad Meltzer- a friend and an amazing writer. I was in one of his books as character. Yep we tight.
7) Charles Dicksen- because I'm super prentious and he created the soap opera
8) Christopher Pike- My Middle school years was filled with his books.
9) L.J Smith- After reading the Vampire Diaries in Middle School I knew exactly what I want
10) Jerry Spinelli- Star Girl, Manic Magee, Love Star Girl... amazing
11) Louis Sachar- There's a Boy in the Girls Bathroom is the first book I discovered symbolism in, and the first book to make me cry.
12) Eoin Colfer- Artmis Fowl-making faeries cool.
13) Frank Miller- Dark Knight Returns, Sin City, and everything else he's done. Life Changing
14) Neil Gaiman- The Sandman series changed my life and I no longer fear death, not if Death is a cool goth chick who likes hotdogs and loves life.
15 Brandon Halpin - the first author I e-mailed, who emailed me back and follows me on twitter. After reading Half Life of Planets I felt like, "Yes, I can write a book like this."
15.5) Tiffanie DeBartolo The first author I e-mailed who wrote back.