Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Penny and Hank 24 hours left

Today sucked. The whole day. From 2 pm until about 9:30 I wanted to punch kittens in the face.

Every time I went to write someone or something would interrupt me. I sat at Starbucks and wrote for two hours. I got some solid work done, but still it wasn't moving as quickly as I would have liked.

Then I had a dentist appointment it was my third one in two months, Ive been so foolishly trying to get my teeth cleaned. Yep they still aren't clean.

Then I got lectured by an elderly lady who was way to positive that I should live each day for itself. Great advice, but I was NOT in the mood to hear it.

Then I went to Panera, I ordered a new salad, it wasn't as good as I would have liked. Hubby called, I told him I had 1 hour to write before I picked up our daughter. Then the women next to me started to talk to me. FOR AN HOUR!!!

Then my daughter was exhausted (YAY) when I picked her up. YAY YAY and she wanted a nap. YES YES YES. I wrote one paragraph and Hubby came home and started to clean. Now I feel pressure to clean with him. I'm on the verge of tears.

AUGH

Daughter went to bed at 7:45 and I"ve been writing since then. I have three scenes left. They should be sort of short.

Plan for tomorrow, Drop of daughter at daycare*, go sit at a library and write. Then go to Let's Dish with Cindy, go to lunch, Best Buy and get the comics. Go back to a library and finish writing. Pick up kid by four. Write until it's time for bed.

*I'm not a stay at home mom who sends her kids to daycare. I'm a teacher and my school shut down three days earlier then the rest of the school system because it was getting renovated. Since I already had my daughter scheduled for daycare, it would be a SHAME and a CRIME not to use it.

Word count 5510 words written today. Total 56k

5 comments:

  1. Ah! I'm sorry! I hate it when things happen like that. I hope tomorrow is much more productive for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I've had days like that. I hope tomorrow's better!

    (By the way, Penny and Hank sounds fascinating. I love modern reworkings of myths.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing time is so easily sucked away from us. It's so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that and you still managed to write 5.5k??! I'm impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree that it would be a shame to waste that day care! :)

    I'm a teacher too - but we still have a few more days to go. Enjoy your time.

    ReplyDelete