Monday, May 17, 2010

Super Cool Contest

In case no one knew, I have the bestest husband in the whole wide world. For a anniversary gift he got into a bidding war with a girl for a charity auction. The prize was a FULL manuscript critique. He was up until 1 am until the auction closed. He ended up losing the auction but the agent offered him the prize anyway.

The agent's name is Kathleen Ortiz and she as a pretty awesome blog. http://kortizzle.blogspot.com/

Right now she's running a contest where she's offering a ton of prizes.

"Three random YA or MG books from my stash, though most are from July 2009 - August 2010 (yes, some ARCs are involved). Plus an additional prize that will consist of the following: bookstore gift card, note for a query critique, note for a synopsis critique, note for a first chapter critique or an extra book."

Ack seriously! That much! Books-- I love books, a gift card to a book store, a note for a query critique, note for a synopsis critique, note for a first chapter critique or an extra book.

Personally I'm all about the books and the query critique. Kathleen will be reading my book No System At All, but my query needs a lot of work.

I think this woman is a total rock star.

You should follow her on twitter too, her picture is this super cute dinosaur.

You should also follow her blog.

There's a little button right here on the top of her page where you can follow.

If you start to follow the blog, if you could give me credit in the comments, that would be pretty awesome.


I also updated my facebook status talking about this contest as well.
But clearly it's nearly impossible to see.

Yay for cool contests and even cooler people spreading their passion for literacy.

Oh and she has a new contest, check it out here

This woman is AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment