Monday, October 26, 2009

good news

So today I want to be as positive as possible, despite the swine flu outbreak in my area.

First off I want to wish EVERYONE who is doing NaNoWritMo good luck. For those of you who don't know November is National Novel Writing Month. People have one month to write a novel, 50k words.
Its something if I didn't have a job, a family or a facebook addiction I might consider. Maybe in my pre Zoey days I might have been able to pull it off, but I don't think its possible any more. Oh no, here I go, getting depressed. STOP.

I have nothing but respect and envy for anyone who is doing this. YAY YOU! I'm talking to you Mo and Alicia.
Oh and Megan who wrote out an ENTIRE BOOK in one day. You guys are rock stars.

So I came across this today in my webtravels.





The year is 1946 and the shattered streets of Hiroshima are eerily silent… Then, turning the corner, an ominous bulk looms into view. Is it a bizarre mutant out for blood? An escaped zoo animal driven mad by radiation poisoning? Nah… it’s just the Kabaya Caramels “Hippo Car”, dispersing sadness by dispensing candy! Imagine being a kid in post-war Hiroshima – an encounter with the Hippo Car just might be the best thing to happen to you all day, perhaps all week. Kabaya still operates Hippo Cars today though they’re sleek, modern and bright red. The Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Dome, on the other hand, looks pretty much the same.

Thank you Weburbanist again for helping me rememeber why humanity is awesome.
I'm pretty sure there's a cute short story in there, so if anyone wants to write it, please feel free.

Also I'd like to thank ANYONE who is reading this blog or following it. I've hit double digits which is awesome.

My question to you, would you rather read Snarky stuff or happy stuff or a blend of both. Please comment below.

Thanks everyone

1 comment:

  1. I like the happy stuff, but the snarky is kind of fun to read.

    ReplyDelete