Friday, August 12, 2011

FIve for Friday- Author's I'd like to Meet

My good friends over at the Paper Hangover are asking "Who are the Top Five Authors You Would like to Meet."

1) John Green.  Everytime this man talks I'm amazed at how smart he is, how much hard work he does and that I will never in a billion years live up to that.  He's the sort of human being that has made a profound inpact on my life. 

2) Neil Giaman- When my cousin died of cancer when I was teenager, The Sandman series made me not fear death.  It gave me piece of mind and comfort more.  Thank you, Neil.

3) Stacey Kade- When I read her tweets, I think "wow, she's just like me." She gives me hope about my own writing and she's SUPER nice. She makes my dreams of being published seem attainable.

4) J.K Rowling- Nuff said.

5) Really, what I want to meet is one of my on-line friends, published.  THAT'S WHAT I WANT. THAT'S Who I want to meet, (Even though I've met a lot of them).  I want to order a drink with them and say "Congrats, you did it."  And I would be pretty pleased with that.



5 comments:

  1. Number five is really sweet. You're a good person to cheer for those closest to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock. I can't wait until the WofA crew is having a drink and toasting publications for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! I picked JK Rowling as well (who wouldn't?!) and John Green *almost* made my list.

    I want to meet all my online writing friends too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet Neil Gaiman would be cool to meet in person. He seems like a silly, fun guy. I've never met him, but I do have his signature in my copy of 'The Graveyard Book' and 'Who Killed Amanda Palmer?' Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the second time in two days I've heard Neil Gaiman's mentioned on blogs. Omen. Definite omen.

    And yes, John Green. He's amazingly talented.

    So cool you included online writer friends - I would love to meet some of mine too!

    ReplyDelete